bsa-troop1-Oxford-Ornament_2005.jpg The 2005 ornament features a drawing of the Stevenson Dam which was built in 1919 and preceded the availability of electricity to homes and businesses in Oxford.  The power plant seen at the far end of the dam is in Monroe, because Oxford residents opposed its construction in town.  Since then the residents of Monroe have benefitted from the property taxes paid by the utility company.

Previous Thumbnails Next