Homes and People
By B. H. Davis
in THE SEYMOUR RECORD
Going northward a short distance we come to what was formerly the Smith
place. In the year 1905 H. K. Smith came to Oxford in search of a place
to locate, having come from some place in Kansas all the way in a
covered carryall drawn by two horses, and brought all his earthly
possessions with him.
He purchased a small tract of land which is now a portion of the Booth
farm, and commenced the erection of a bungalow, and having completed
his domicile he turned his attention to farming on a small scale, and
after about two years of hard sledding for a living he decided that the
atmosphere of Oxford did not agree with him and he folded his tent and
quietly departed, to what part of the country no one in this community
seems to know.
Either before or after his departure the place was sold to Jack Flynn,
now of the Brunswick hotel, Seymour. It was occupied by the mother and
sister of Mr. Flynn about three years, when it was sold to C. Pine of
Oxford, who lived there one year.
In 1914 the place was purchased by Fred Dilly who still occupies it.
of Oxford Table of